Friday, November 6, 2009

My Apartment now smells like a Fish Market

Sorry for no post yesterday. I ate no microwaved food! I got paid and The Boyfriend got a job, so to celebrate we got some Chili's which I saved half of and ate again for dinner. And then friends came over and we had chick-fil-a. So alas, no microwaved food yesterday. But today! Ho ho! Do I have a special one for yall.

Now I have been trying to hit all types of food when it comes to what I am eating. And today's meal is no exception to that. We're going to venture into a previously unexplored category in my experience with microwave food.


Seafood! Now ususally I don't eat a lot of seafood. The Boyfriend can't stand it and the only times we really eat it is when we go out for Sushi. And the only fish that I love is the stuff at Lubys. Nom! But I do enjoy shellfish. But microwaveable shrimp? Where are they getting these shrimps? And how are the microwaveable? Hello? Anyone...?

Now let me frank. This thing STANK. I am all for shrimp but good lord. It was just too fishy. TOO MUCH! The Boyfriend kept gagging and saying "STINKY" over and over and it was. You have to stir it in the middle of cooking and I licked my fork and was a little nervous. The sauce was oh so shirmpy

....Where the hell are the shrimps?! I see mushrooms, which made me not as nervous, cause I love mushrooms. But I couldn't see any shirmp. I dug and managed to find them all hiding.

They were so tiny. The tiniest shrimp I have ever seen. I had to take a picture of comparrison so you guys could see how tiny these little guys were.

Now keep in mind this is a standard AA Battery. Everyone knows how big those guys are.


WTFERY?! Look how small they are! And they barely look like shrimps, they look more like tiny brains. Now the taste. Yeah. It tasted like shrimp. Actually everything tasted like shrimp. Pasta, sauce, mushrooms, all of it. I had to smother it in parmasan cheese and some other little herbs to make it somewhat decent.

I would not recommend this to someone who "kind of" like shrimp. You have to LOVE shrimp to like this. I love shirmp. But I don't them this much. For real it was gross. My stomach is already hurting from this, which is never a good sign.

So I give this a big old thumbs down. I'm going to the grocery store tonight or sometime tomorrow so again, if anyone has an recommendations be sure to comment! Until next time!

I need some tums...

-Mitchell-

1 comment:

  1. Get more Amy's! They always look so yummy...

    Also! Lean Cuisine has really good pizzas, I recommend the BBQ chicken one (NOM!). Also, I love the chicken ranch club flatbread thing. It's so freaking good. Finally, the BBQ chicken quesadilla is also quite tasty.

    Happy eating!

    ReplyDelete