Thursday, November 12, 2009

Let me just catch yall up.

I really got to get back on the ball with the whole "daily update" thing. I have just been very distracted the past few days. I have been eating and keeping track of everything but when it came time to post...I would just not do it. So! Lets get back on track and let me catch you up with the last three days!


This was a recommendation, so I picked it up the other day at the store. It seemed pretty good. I like the fact that it has "MORE VEGGIES!" and No Preservatives. That's a good sign. I like seeing people making REAL FOOD again.

This smelled like heaven in the microwave. I was so so so excited. I love squash and I love veggies and I love ravioli. So clearly this was going to be expectational.


They were so close on looking the same. But man that is a lot of sauce.

This was a-mazing. Again, something vegetarian and amazing. I was very pleased with this. Good job Lean Cuisine! So! Next up on the list we have:


Sorry, totally took the picture after I cooked this. But look! Its Nev! Woo? Mmm BB Chicken Quesdillia. Yum! Ok no really, its BBQ, another suggestion. It sounded pretty delicious. Three things I also love to death, Chicken, BBQ and Quesdillia. So needless to say, I was excited about this little guy too. And look! It's Lean Cuisine! I'm sensing a theme here...


Yummy? Ok so I had to cut this sucker to "replicate" the feeling on the box. The Boyfriend was standing over me as I was taking the pictures and he complained that I was doing the same thing they do on the box, but opposite "Make everything look gross." Come on man!

So for The Boyfriend's sake, I went ahead and took a "replication picture" to make it look better.


I don't think that helped.

Anyway, this was pretty good. I wish I would have had some sour cream though (I can always find ways to make healthy stuff unhealthy and more delicious). But it was very good. I was pleased with this. The Boyfriend wanted to steal it, so thats a good sign.

Alright! Last, but certainly not least, we have a new comer!


Swanson! Now it claims to be "The Original TV Dinner". So of course, with that printed on the box all retro like, I had to pick this up.

Not to mention this looks like my FAVORITE THING to get at Luby's (Except get rid of those green beans and replace them with Fried Okra. Also, WHERE IS MY DINNER ROLL?!). I was really excited. I had to time this one good, cause seafood dishes are not allowed to be had when The Boyfriend is around, or awake. So I made this sucker early this afternoon while he still slumbered.


Excuse me! Waiter! I think I got the kid's meal....

For real...? That's it? Ok I'm fine with my food looking crazy after it's made. But don't fool me on your portions. Ok lets look at the box pictures again, I'll give you a moment, go ahead and scroll back up.....no go ahead, I'll be right here when you get back. Did you look? OK good. So let's talk about this.

The portion of fish featured on the box is totally not the same size that I received. I was not pleased. I almost called up Swanson to demand my rightful portion. But I had to take it like a man with my tiny fish and just shut up and eat.

If anyone ever plans on getting this dish, do not microwave it. Microwaving it gave the fried bits a chewing taste and the fish was kind of rubbery. If I would have baked it, I know for a fact this would have been top notch. Everything else was great, but microwaving kind of ruins the whole "crispy baked" part of the fish.

Alright that is all for today! I will be sure to try and update more often then I have been! Until tomorrow!

Happy Microwaving!

-Mitchell-

1 comment:

  1. soo...no more posts? have you gotten over the whole blog trend?

    ReplyDelete