Monday, November 9, 2009

Meat-losse, meat-loaf, double beat-loaf...I HATE meatloaf.

Today is my last day off for this 3-day weekend so I figured today I was celebrate in style. I'm not going anywhere today...OK I might go to the store later. Anyway, today I am sitting around in my pajamas playing Xbox all day. The Boyfriend had a bad dream last night and ended up waking up at 3am with a crick in his neck and stayed up all night. He woke me up at 10:30, we chit chatted for a bit, then he promptly passed out. So I was on my own for lunch today.

I figured today I would get something have something special. I still have some nasty looking food that has been in the freezer since our last big store trip. It keeps staring me down, but I'm saving those for later this week. So! Today we're going to have a request that I picked up at the store that I was very excited about. Why was I excited do you ask?


Cause it's another Amy's! You all know how I feel about Amy's. I figured I would venture away from their delicious tex-mex and venture out into the their classic meals. So today we have Veggie "Meatloaf", Mashed Taters and corn/peas. So excited.

I will say that when I pulled it out of the box, I was nervous. The "gravy" covered the entire "meatloaf" so it was just this brown blob staring at me, "Hey there. I could be delicious, but then again I could be disgusting. Who knows. Cook me Bitch!" so I did.

It smelled good, which is always a good sign. My apartment didn't not smell like fish or burnt banana. So, again, I was hopeful. Amy has not let me down before and I don't think she would start today.


That Gravy is ALL OVER THE PLACE. Now when I took it out of the microwave, the nervousness hit me again. The "Oh-this-does-not-look-good" worries. So I decided to shut up and dive in.

Like I said, Amy does not disappoint and this is no exception. The "meatloaf" was surprising at first because it is clearly not meat but veggies morphed together in some way to taste like meat. Now I like vegetarian food but anyone that has had veggie products, take Boca for example, think back to the first time you tried it. At first you are confused cause it is clearly not meat in any way shape or form. But at the same time it is like meat. It's a odd sensation. But this "meatloaf" was still delicious. The gravy that is over everything was AMAZING! If you get this, I highly recommend dipping everything into it. I have no clue what it is but it is made of yum.

So, Amy's has done it yet again. I give this two big thumbs way up there. The veggies were fresh, and the mashed potatoes were REAL potatoes, you could tell and they were VERY good. On another note, this contained no dairy so technically it's vegan! So rejoice vegans and veggie heads!

Alright that is all from me for today. Me and the Prince of Persia have a date today. So if youll excuse me. Until next time!

Happy Microwaving!

-Mitchell-

p.s. the title is a lie. I love meatloaf. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment