Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Something Exploded In My Mouth

Microwaveable foods have been a part of my life for a very long time. Not saying that my family never cooked, but there are some nights kids can just be plain difficult, so popping something in the microwave as a "treat" can shut a kid up in no time. For me, microwaved foods were "treats" I didn't have them all the time. But I do remember my favorite fondly.

When we I went on the first big spree at the grocery store, I was trying to get the largest assortment I could. One thing stood out to me and I said to myself, "You have to get one Mitchell." so I did.


Like I said, I had to.

So here we have it. Kids Cuisne. I promised a few people one of these would be coming up. I was a little upset because I was trying to find the Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets, but they didn't have any. So I grabbed the most random one I could find. A chicken Sandwich, veggies, tots, and a wtfisthatdessert.

Now when I first bought this and got it home, I had to just open it up. These "strawberry flavored popping crisps" were a curiosity to me. Is it pop corn? Is it Ice Cream? WHAT IS IT?! When I went to investigate it was inside its own packaging in the tray, and was not to be microwaved. Well then...maybe it's ice cream? Who knows.

I also enjoy the fact that it has "REAL MEALS" printed on the bottom. As opposed to what Kid's Cuisine? Play Doh? I would hope its real food.

I can also win a free "OUT OF THIS WORLD" movie screening. Kids food always has those awesome contests going on. Did anyone ever win those? I never heard anything about them. The commercials were always awesome on TV. I would always bug my parents to get me whatever food had the most AWESOME contest going on.

I actually want to see that movie >_>

Anyway, getting off topic. So I finally decided to cook it. Dude. The veggies has exploded all over the place. There were some in every tray. Corn on my potatoes, some carrots on my sammich, pease on my popping crisps. WTF Whoever did the veggie packaging on this one fails.

So Into the microwave, BUT NOT THE BUN! That goes in for only 30 seconds at the end. And mysterydesert. And out comes:

Man Kid's Meals are tiny. The funny thing is, this one has a lot of calories. Weird.

The Veggies were standard. Tasted like Microwaved Veggies. The Sammich was awesome actually. The bun is a whole wheat bun, and you can tell and its yum. Its also really goody with a little ketchup (It solves all problems). The Tater Puffs (yeah, thats the real name) kind of morphed together into one entity. Also much better with Ketchup. (see?)

Now lets move onto the WtfDessert.

I threw one into my mouth and started to chew. And it was pretty much like a Strawberry Yogart candy. It was really good. And then.

My mouth start to explode.

I freaked out. WTF IS HAPPENING IN MY MOUTH!?

Apparently, the "popping" part, is that these candies have POP ROCKS in them. Ahh! Now it all makes sense. Clever idea Kid's Cuisine, way to make desert even more awesome.

So I snarffed down the rest of it and was full. Yes, actually full from a kid's meal. It was surprisingly good for something that is meant for children. Not saying that children have bad taste....alright that's all for today! Until Tomorrow!

I still want to see that movie <_<

-Mitchell-

1 comment: